Asian Slaw Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette includes fresh ingredients such as shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and crunchy cashews. This salad contains a rainbow of antioxidants to boost your immune system. Red, purple, green, orange…hello healthy goodness!! Good for you and delicious! It does not get any better than this. Oh wait, it does get better…it is super simple to make! Put these ingredients on your shopping list because you will LOVE this Asian Slaw Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette.
I like slaw shredded very fine. I use a food processor however you can buy shredded cabbage and carrots if you are pinched for time. And, feel free to modify the recipe to include your favorite veggies. I love edamame and a lot of cilantro. I add cashews but almonds are a great substitute. Sometimes I will throw in sunflower or pumpkin seeds for a little added crunch. You can’t go wrong with this Asian Slaw Salad!
Hemp hearts are delicious! They are the seed of the hemp plant and contain several healthy benefits. They provide a nutty flavor and contains essential fatty acids, such as Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids reduce inflammation so this is a super food for anyone struggling with inflammatory conditions. Hemp hearts are a natural appetite suppressant making a great food if weight loss is your goal. The fiber in hemp hearts promote satiety making you feel full and satisfied. When you are satisfied you are less likely to crave unhealthy foods.
I can’t wait for you to make this salad. I have given you so many reasons to try it. And, you can use the left over slaw to make chicken or fish tacos the next day! Yep, it is a great topping for tacos. It’s a win-win situation when one meal becomes multi-functional! Enjoy the Asian Slaw Salad!
Asian Slaw Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
For the Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp sesame oil if you want a stronger sesame flavor use 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 6 cups shredded cabbage red and green, finely shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds black and white mix
- 1/3 cup cashews toasted...or toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup edamame shelled
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- For the dressing: Combine vinegar, garlic, raw honey, and ginger. Slowly whisk in extra virgin olive oil and sesame oil.
- For the salad: Combine all ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, mix to combine, and serve. Enjoy!!