Avocados are a source of healthy fat. I eat about a half of an avocado every day. Some days I eat a whole one! Avocados are calorically dense but they are jam-packed with nutrients so I don’t worry so much about the fat. Avocados are a great alternative to cheese, mayo, and oils. Combine avocado with refreshing and crunchy cucumber and you have a mighty fine lunch. Today’s lunch is a cucumber avocado sandwich. Add some sprouts and herb goat cheese and all I can is oh.so.good!!
Refreshing, creamy, healthy, delicious. It doesn’t get better than this cucumber avocado sandwich. This sandwich is loaded with nutrients and flavor.
Cucumber Avocado Sandwich
- 4 slices sprouted whole grain bread Such as Ezekiel
- 4 ouces herbed goat cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup arugula or your favorite lettuce
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the goat cheese on the bread. Add avocado, arugula, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, and squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Top with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!