Healthy and flavorful. This is the best way to describe my tomato avocado salad. I have to admit that I am a bit biased because I love tomatoes, especially heirloom tomatoes. Add avocados and I am in heaven! This is a simple side salad that accompanies any dish. I especially like the tomato avocado salad with chicken or a hearty fish, such as sword fish or grouper. Looking for a healthy and easy lunch idea? Scoop the tomato avocado salad over a bed of fresh arugula and you are all set.
Tomatoes are a great source of lycopene. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that boosts immunity and helps protect against certain cancers. Avocados contain healthy fats that protects against heart disease. Cilantro contains protective phytonutrients and is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Folate and Potassium. I am a huge fan of cilantro and add it to so many of my favorite dishes.
You will not go wrong with this dish. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I think you will absolutely love my tomato avocado salad. Enjoy!!
Tomato Avocado Salad
- 3 cups grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup cilantro washed and chopped
- 2 avocados pit removed and cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients, except avocado, into a bowl and mix.
- Add avocado and gently fold into salad.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve cold. Enjoy!