Chicken Caprese Salad
This is a simple dish to make after a long day. You can make your own chicken or pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. The ingredients in the Chicken Caprese Salad make for a balanced meal any night of the week.
- 1 rotisserie chicken chicken removed from bones
- 5 cups Romaine Lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup mini mozzerlla balls
- 1/4 cup basil leaves thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounce can Butter Beans drained and rinsed
Cut the chicken into strips or bite size pieces
Combine lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella, butter beans, and basil. Toss to combine. Add avocado and gently combine into salad. Top with chicken and drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette.
You can grill your own chicken breast or purchase a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I like to add butter beans to my salads for added fiber. You can add any bean of your liking or omit them completely.
Use your favorite balsamic vinaigrette. I like to drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze.